Published Articles, Print, Audio and Video
Presentations and Internal Reports
- Wong M. Maximize Your Health in Older Age: West meets East. AMICA Seniors Residence. Vancouver, May 2016.
- Wong M. Holistic Erogonomics: Be Healthy at the Office. Canaan Group, Vancouver, Nov 2015.
- Wong M. Holistic Erogonomics: Be Healthy in the Warehouse. Canaan Group, Vancouver, Nov 2015.
- Wong M. Understanding the Causes of Scoliosis: East Meets West, Twisted Outreach Project for Back Care and Scoliosis (TOPS), Vancouver, April 2015.
- Wong M, Babul S, Han G, Brussoni M. Organized vs. non-organized sports-related injuries: A five-year analysis (1997-2001) from BC’s Children’s Hospital Emergency Department Data. Internal Report of the BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit (BCIRPU). Dec 2001. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/22292446/Organized-vs-Non-organized-Sports-related-Injuries-A-Five-Year.
- Olsen L, Wong M, Scanlan A, MacKay M, and Raina P. Sport and recreation injuries among children and youth: Profiles from western and central Canada. Fifth World Conference on Injury Prevention and Control. New Delhi, India. March 5-8, 2000.
Video and Print
- Wong M and Bodwal S. One Stretch a Month: Your 2014 Calender Reminder, Jan 2014
- Wong M and Davids LP. Let’s Get into Musical Shape! Simple Exercises to Increase Flexibility and Prevent Injury. Grey Dolphin Media, 2012. www.musicalshape.com.
- Raina P, Wong M, Massfeller, H. The Relationship between Sensory Impairment and Functional Independence Among Elderly. BMC Geriatrics 2004, 4:3.
- Raina, P., O’Donnell, M., Schwellenus, H., Rosenbaum, P., King, G., Brehaut, J., Russell, D., Swinton, M., King, S., Wong, M., Walter, S., Wood, E., Caregiving Process and Caregiver Burden: Conceptual Models to Guide Research and Practice. BMC Pediatrics 2004, 4:1.
- Raina P, Torrance-Rynard V, Wong M, and Woodward C. Agreement between self-reported and routinely health care utilization data among seniors. Health Services Report 2002; 37(3):751-74.
- Raina P, Wong M, Dukeshire S, Chambers LW, Lindsay J. Prevalence, risk factors and self-reported medical causes of seeing and hearing-related disabilities among older adults. Canadian Journal on Aging 2000; 19(2):260-178.
- Raina P, Dukeshire S, Wong M, Scanlan A, Chambers L, and Lindsay J. Patterns of health care use among injured and non-injured older adults. Age and Ageing 1999; 28: 316-318.
- Raina P, Wong M, Dukeshire S, Scanlan A, Chambers LW, and Lindsay J. Beyond mortality and hospitalization data: Self-reported injuries among Canadian seniors. Canadian Journal on Aging 1999; 18(3): 328-347.
- Raina, P and Wong, M. Understanding the Relationship between Income Status and the Restrictions in Instrumental Activities of Daily Living among Disabled Older Adults. Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population (SEDAP) no. 83, McMaster University. 2002-10.
- Raina P, Chambers LW, Denton M, Wong M, Scanlan A, Gafni A, French S, Willison D, Joshi A and Rosenthal C. Income, Health, Disability and the Functional Independence of the Elderly. In: The Independence and Economic Security of the Elderly (Ed. Byron Spencer), Hamilton, ON: McMaster University, 2000.
- Raina, P, Wong, M, Chambers, LW, Denton M, and Gafni A. Describing Disability among High and Low Income Status Older Adults in Canada. Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population (SEDAP)no.351 ,McMaster University. 2000-06.
- Badley E, Rothman L, Stevens M, Wong M. A Report to the Arthritis Society, Ontario Division: Mapping Services Relevant for People with Arthritis in Ontario. 1996-1997. In Patterns of Health Care in Ontario – Arthritis and Related Conditions. Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (ICES) Atlas, September 1998.
- Sovio K and Wong M. Student perspectives of women’s health and physiotherapy. Women’s Health Division Newsletter, June 2003.
- Wong M. A Closer look at W.A.V.E.E. (Women Against Violence in the East End): An interview with Kim Streaks-Hillier, a founding member. Community Health, Jan. 1995. (East End Community Health Centre newsletter).